Seafood is good for your health and day by day becoming favourite of all the non-vegetarians. Salmon, oyster, mollusks have cholesterol level between 34-40 milligrams. For the sake of taste you sometimes don’t mind about your cholesterol level, which increases after eating seafood, as the preparation of it requires lots of oil. Seafood like shrimp, crab and lobsters have about 100 milligrams of cholesterol level.
Scallops are low in calories
So eating them on regular bases is not a wise choice, but you can’t ignore scallops for long which you always find swimming in a sea of butter. But it is not because of scallops themselves, the preparation of the same is responsible. They are low in calories, cholesterol and fat, and is good for you if prepared, cooked and served right.
Try this heart healthy recipe of scallops which help you in controlling cholesterol.
Scallops with Orzo Salad (Orzo: Jau)
All you need
- 1 ½ cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup orzo, cooked
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 500 grams scallops
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 -2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
Cook orzo as per the instruction written on the pack, and on the other hand take a pan and heat 1 tablespoon olive on a medium heat.
- Now add garlic in it and sauté for 2 minutes, then add tomatoes and peppers, and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add cooked orzo, spinach, olives, olive oil and vinegar into the pan and mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now take another non-stick pan and cook scallops on high heat for 3-4 minutes per sides.
- Now add the orzo mix over the cooked scallops and serve the salad.