The veteran carrot or rava or wheat flour halva is the best to satisfy your sugar cravings. These yummylicious Indian dessert can be eaten at any time and on any occasion. Like coins have two sides; these deserts too contain lots of calories which is for sure not good for your health. But that doesn’t mean you can treat yourself with one, you can, but in a healthy way.
So we bring you a healthy and tasty dessert recipe of oats and pumpkin seeds halwa, which is not only good for health but also gives your taste buds a new flavour.
Pumpkin seeds consist of vitamins and antioxidants which is good for your body. It also good for your stomach, prevent formation of kidney stones, good for diabetics, prevent accumulation of bad fat and also reduces inflammation in people suffering from arthritis. Whereas, oats and recipes related to it are in trend nowadays. This food ingredient contains fiber, which is good for our digestive system and also good for weight management.
Not only this you can also use these ingredients to make healthy and tasty cakes, muffins, granola bar and breakfast meal for yourself. So let’s see how to make healthy and tasty oats and pumpkin seeds halwa.
Oats and Pumpkin Seeds Recipe
All you need
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup rolled oats (measure after powdering)
- 1 cup grated jaggery
- 1 tablespoon ghee or oil
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
- Fistful of walnut
- Few nuts to garnish
- First of all soak all walnuts and pumpkin seeds separately in hot water for 3-4 hours.
- After it drains out water, use ice water and grind to make paste.
- Remember to use little water, as excess of water leads to overcooking.
- Now take a pan and heat it, then pour ghee or oil.
- Then add nuts and seeds paste and on a medium flame and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add jaggery and cook till moisture evaporates.
- Now add oats powder, mix well and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Be careful this can also become sticky so cook carefully.
- Add a teaspoon of ghee, to prevent it from looking dry.
- Now garnish it with nuts or rose petals and eat.
- You can also set it in a fridge for 4-6 hours to get a soft halwa burfi.