Having cold and cough is a common problem, which almost everyone faces regularly. Many times it embarrasses you at workplace or even public places. So, here are some home remedies, which give instant relief.
1. Onion: Simplest remedy for cold is to cut onion and breathe its strong vapors.
Method: Take one tbsp of onion juice and add one tbsp of honey to it, drink it daily for quick relief.
2. Steam: It is one of the easiest and cheapest remedy for curing cough. Steam easily helps to flush out mucus from nose.
Method: Fill one quarter of pot with boiling water add one scoop of Vicks VapoRub or you can add few drops of eucalyptus oil to it. Lean over the pot and use a towel to cover your head, breathe deeply for about 5-6 minutes. Perform it twice a day for getting relief from cough.
3. Honey: Honey works efficiently in curing cough and cold and even congestion.
Method: A very simple method of curing cough is to add 2 tbsp in 1 tbsp of honey. Drink the healthy syrup twice a day for throat relief.
4. Turmeric: Turmeric has a therapeutic effect on coughs. A turmeric drink can help you a lot in providing relief from cough and cold.
Method: Take one tbsp each of turmeric powder and black pepper, boil them for 3 minutes in a half cup of water. When the water is boiled properly add one tbsp of honey to it. Drink it daily for better improvement.
5. Garlic: Garlic is best for treating cold and cough due to its antimicrobial and antibacterial components.
Method: Boil 3 to 4 garlic cloves in a cup of water. Add some honey and depending on the availability you can also add some oregano to it. Dink the mix twice a day for fast relief.
Or you can eat cloves of crushed garlic by adding few drops of clove oil and some honey.